The Greenhouse Programs Coordinator is a full-time position that oversees all Garden and Greenhouse programs at Baxter Community Center. This position includes developing and maintaining Greenhouse programming such as the Neighborhood Garden Program, Seedling Sale, Fall Canning Classes, and cooking and gardening classes. As well as growing our annual community events such as the Strawberry Jamboree, and ongoing maintenance of our outdoor demonstration garden and our onsite greenhouse. The position looks at emerging best-practice models, feedback from surveys and community input to make data driven strategic decisions for program implementation. The Greenhouse Coordinator will work closely with the Agricultural Advisory Committee to ensure the development of programming that matches our strategic plan. This position also works alongside program staff in areas of children and youth educational programming.
This position is full-time at 40 hours a week with health benefits. The Greenhouse Program Coordinator reports to Marketplace Programs Director and works with program staff, volunteers, interns, workshop instructors and our Summer High School Intern.
Qualified candidates will exhibit the following:
Experience working with diverse communities:
- Experience being a part of and working with diverse communities
- Desire to encourage local community members to create, lead and teach programming that meets our mission.
- Skilled communicator; in person, by phone, email, in front of groups and to a variety of diverse audiences; Spanish speaking skills a plus.
- Experience creating program plans for multi-generational audiences
- Demonstrated knowledge of gardening, urban agriculture, greenhouse production, cooking, canning and nutrition
- Experience evaluating programs, gathering feedback and researching best practice models to ensure program success (pre/post surveys, satisfaction surveys, focus groups, feedback forms, etc.)
- Knowledge of Grand Rapid local food system and food access issues
- Experience creating outreach strategies that target immediate and broader community
- Knowledge developing program budget and monitoring budgets
- Ability to collaborate around grant reporting
- Experience managing scheduling and staffing for programs
- Ability to effectively recruit, train and oversee volunteers and interns; experience developing and maintaining long term volunteer relationships
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team setting
- Highly competent in use of computers and comfortable using technology on a daily basis
- Proactive, self-leader, able to be creative, flexible and resourceful
- Flexibility to work non-traditional hours, including evening and weekends as scheduled
- Clean background check, driving record and valid diverse license
Compensation: commensurate based on experience
To Apply: Applications are due Monday June 19. Start date ideally August 2017. Submit resume & cover letter to Anna Johnson, Greenhouse Program Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org.